Nordic walking has been dubbed cross country skiing without the snow.
The benefits are numerous, including …
- fantastic cardio fitness in 20 minutes a day
- 46% more calorie burn than ordinary walking
- works arms, spine, core and legs to achieve a total body workout
- reduces the load on the hip, knee and ankle – great after joint surgery
- strengthens and tones the back and tummy (core)
- a great cross training option
- a fun way to exercise in the great outdoors
You can also find out more at the Nordic Walking NZ website, which has a heap of information about the benefits of Nordic Walking.